sle118;588049 Wrote:
> After further testing, I found out that the slimrio system doesn't
> support well sampling frequencies above 44khz and that the faulty mp3's
> had a higher frequency because I extracted them from one of my DVD.
>
> I added the following line in custom-convert.conf

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> this basically forced the resample to 44khz. That almost worked.
> However, Squeezebox is complaining about the unsupported 'T' switch.
>

> So I faked the following "T" switch below

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> And it worked !
>
> No more skipping!
>
> the last questions are now:
> 1- how would I get rid of the 'T' switch requirement for that custom
> mp3->mp3 transcode
> 2- Is it possible to set the %D value (sample rate/sec) to 44100 for
> some players? It seems that this switch alone, which is present in
> the base transcode line could have prevented the problem in the first
> place...
>
> anyone can help me at this point?

If you study the bottom of convert.conf you will find an example where
the MAC address of a specific player is used to override a default
convert.conf entry for a specific player.

Of course, you won't be able to sync players that need different
bitrates, because there is only one stream used by all players that are
synced...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.