lordgibbness;589016 Wrote:
> Hmm.. I'm not sure your example makes sense as the second rule from the
> fb2k article is
>
> "tag should only exist if an album contains various artists. It should
> NOT be created when an album does not contain various artists. "
>
> So you'd only add ALBUM ARTIST tag when it is actually a compilation
> album - and not when the artists is called Various Artists.  If the
> artist was called Various Artists that would go in the 'ARTIST' tag.
>
> Edit to add: You can make SBS put compilation albums under any heading
> you like.

If you set the Album Artist in your tag to the string 'Various
Artists'

And you set an Artist tag in your library to the string 'Various
Artists' for their album titled 'Solo Album'....

How will SBS know that the first is a compilation and the second is the
name of a band?

It seems to me that an actual compilation would NOT be by the string
'Various Artists', but would rather be a virtual ID that happens to be
displayed as Various Artists.

If you had the cited album in your library, how would it sort?  (Hint:
it would sort with every other album you tagged with the same artist
name...  ie, it would be tossed in with every compilation, even though
it is NOT a compilation.)

'Soundtrack' is not an artist name either: it's perhaps a genre or
classifaction.. but it's not an artist name and should not be tossed
into a field for artist names...

--
snarlydwarf