I guess I could have posted this in the Elpac thread or
one of the other power supply ones; but I am only concerned
with gross EMI in the AM and FM bands, not esoteric audio
issues.

I have just hooked up an SB2 to a Tivoli Model Two for
bedroom listening.  I expected some noise from the stock
switching power supply.  However the amount of garbage,
particularly in the AM band, that the current supply
spews out when the SB2 is hooked up is ridiculous.  AM
is virtually unlistenable and FM is affected as well.

Now I am assuming that most of this EMI is from the power
supply, not generated by the SB2 itself.  Can anyone out
there with the Elpac, or other linear supply, confirm
that decent radio reception is possible with the SB2
hooked up?

Finally, are there any radio friendly switching supplies out
there?  IIRC there are some techniques to quite them down
but I suspect they are rarely used on mass market, el
cheapo, ones.  In any event I'm probably going to order
up an Elpac to see if I can get a setup where I don't have
to continually unplug the SB2 to listen to the radio.

--
Daryle A. Tilroe