I've read through a bunch of the forums and came across a whole bunch of
suggestions for solutions. Here's what I noticed and did:
- Computer the server was on was 192.xxx.xxx.3
- Server software, for some reason, was 192.xxx.xxx.4
- One of the Booms was also 192.xxx.xxx.4
- Killed the router, restarted computer and server soft
- Reset the Boom that had the same IP address
- Now everything had a unique IP address

At this point, things might've worked just fine, but I think the whole
DCHP process of assigning IP address was flawed.

- Went into router config and set "static" IPs for every device (more
like DCHP IP reservation)
- Voila! Trouble-free streaming from all four Squeezeboxen. No hiccups,
no skips, no buffering problems, no sound cutting out with the player
looking like it's playing something.

Hopefully this'll stick. Will report findings over the next couple of
days. If you hear nothing back, everything is 100%.

Thank goodness for these forums.

--
squeezeb