- More images of your music collection
- More Screensafers
- Better player syncing
- Mysqueezebox.com - Player Switching
- Better Search
- Drag'n'Drop for the playlist
- TrackStat Ratings
- IRBlaster integration
- Big Screen with Album Covers for selection
- Something else

bluegaspode;593028 Wrote:
> I always like to understand the usage scenarios of my users better
> (because this might also influence on how I'll implement the syncing)
> How often do you need to change sync settings? On a regular basis?
>
> I do have 4 Squeezeboxes and rarely need to sync them (party times are
> almost over :) ). And even when in need to sync the 'logitech way'
> (i.e. switching to the target player and going to the settings menu) is
> good enough to do the job.
> It's still easier with SqueezePad than on say on a Touch, because
> switching between players is much faster (i.e. needs less taps).

I'm not really using synching much myself, so I might not understand
the exact needs, but maybe something really simple (from a user
perspective) would cover most cases. What if you added an option to
"sync all players which is powered on" and another option to make it
easy to "power off and unsync all players". Something like this would
be a bit hard coded but it would make it very easy to:
- Enable synchronizing on all players for a party
- Disable synchronizing on all players when the party is finished

For users that want more specific control, they can always use the
already existing options.

bluegaspode;593028 Wrote:

> Looking at the poll player syncing is on second place (with the same
> number of votes as 'more images' and 'better search'). Still
> interesting how this will turn out!

Just for references, I'm missing the LastFM artist images that makes my
Touch shine every time I look at the SqueezePad screen saver, so for me,
that's a lot more important than syncing options. :-)

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))