Mnyb;598874 Wrote:
> Cool, if you got the soldering skills and EE skills

Well, back in the 70s I did obtain a BSc in Electronic Engineering and,
although I spent most of my working years doing IT, I have always
dabbled in electronics ....

Anyway, as a quick fix while I find suitable caps, I removed the
offending (de)coupling cap, lifted one leg of the decoupling cap
between op amp o/p and the output sockets, and connected the dac output
to this second decoupling cap.  Thus, I've eliminated the op amp from
the circuit, but retained one of the original decoupling caps and the
passive low pass filter.  I repeated the same mod on the other
channel.

My SB3 is now back to full working order! :)

--
peterbell