results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=53800
Question: Should IPv6 be supported?

- Yes
- No
- I Don't Really Care
- What Is IPv6 Anyway?

krbonne;608099 Wrote:
> Just two examples:
> - I want to be able to access my squeezebox at home and control it from
> anywhere on the internet, and ipv6 allows me to do this. ipv4 with NAT
> does not.
> - Ipv6 allows broadcasting in peer-to-peer configuration allowing for
> cheaper radio-stations (like personal radio-stations). Ipv4 does not
> allow this.

All very true. But don't expect it to happen to anything in the current
SqueezeBox line. None of the old products are going to change
significantly. The Touch and Radio might, but I won't hold my breath.

Universal remote access without a VPN is nice, but its sure not a
mass-market requirement.

Agree the the rendezvous capabilities of IPv6 are great, and will make
TV and movies much more interesting. But I don't see a need for audio,
it so low in bandwidth requirements.

I just don't see it happening in the US because the ISPs are dragging
their feet.

--
pfarrell

Pat