* Richie shaped the electrons to say...

It seems like people are pretty happy with performance if they have
around 350 or less albums in the database.  750 albums or more is about
the place where no one seems satisfied with performance.  Between those
quantities satisfaction varies quite a bit.  I could easily have missed
posts to the contrary.

I've well over 1000 albums on a 1.4 GHz Athlon. Performance is absolutely fine.

1252 albums here, 14k tracks. No issues - 2.2 Ghz Athlon

Also, one of our customers in the UK has 70k tracks, and since the early 6.2
nightlies, we've done a lot of performance work. He was suffering before, but
has no issues now.

-D
--
Minds are like parachutes... they work best when open.