I have bought the playback function and wanted to give my brother the
possibility to use his old iPhone (pre-3G) as a Squeezebox player on
his JBL radio dock. It does work, but the volume level output from the
iPhone seems to be at 100% and can't be changed, resulting in unwanted
static that can be heard easily. Is there a magic switch or would that
function be something for a feature request to be made?

LOL: Just aside. When writing the name iPeng I suddenly remembered that
BMW will start calling their new electric car series i3 and i8. What a
bunch of unimaginative and copycat *ss*ole*. ;) :) They have no shame
and show it full of pride. Stupid Bavarians.

--
signor_rossi