pippin;614253 Wrote:
> You are right. I remembered that wrongly.
> BTW, the Boom one isn't used, the linear one is, the Boom one is
> commented out, I believe ;)
SlimProto sends values based on the Boom volume curve - and SqueezePlay
uses them 1:1.
For further reference follow the white rabbit to Playback.lua and
_serverVolumeToGain.

(the values get converted to a linear scale and then back to the volume
curve - that's where the magic 65536 from soundchecks/peterws 100%
volume lock are from)

CometD is working on the linear 0-99 scale though - so the volume
slider values are linear, but the actual volume changes are much more
sensitive on the lower end.

Which - if one has an amp connected to say a Touch also means to:
a) either use the 100% volume lock and only use the Amps volume
b) or raise the volume of the Amp and operate the Touch on lower volume
values to get good fine grained volume controls (and reduced dynamics of
the audio on these low volume levels :( )

Guess (a) should definitely be te preferred way if one bought a Touch
because of it's good sound.
But then the volume sliders in our Apps are useless.

Damn.
Always these compromises ....

Thanks god a have son, so audio quality in the living room is affected
by this particular noise floor I cannot change anyway whatever I try.
Need to wait 17 more years :)

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.