A bit off topic....

I have been using SqueezeCommander for a while and I'm very happy with
it. Thank you very much. Little improvements are needed here and there,
but nothing related to the scope of its existing (defined) functionality
that I'd complain about. My issue is that I need another device (remote)
just to turn my receiver on/off and to adjust some of its settings. I
understand that SqueezeCommander is not a "Universal" remote, but if
one could add just the function to power on/off receivers it would be
perfect for me.

Looking around I noticed that right now with an iPhone one can have a
remote for the SB (iPeng) and a Universal IR remote unified in a single
device. I don't think I'll ever get an iPhone... so I'd like a similar
solution for my Android phone, but I have been unable to find it.
Looking around I found the following 3 solutions to control AV systems
via IR using an iPhone which requires the purchase of a wireless IR
blaster. I could not find anything similar to these for Android.

http://us.gear4.com/product/_/93/unityremote/?cid=31
http://www.slashgear.com/peel-fruit-turns-iphone-into-show-suggesting-universal-remote-08118392/
http://www.slashgear.com/griffin-beacon-makes-your-iphone-4-a-universal-remote-07124546/

My question to the SqueezeCommander developer is... How difficult would
it be for SqueezeCommander to accommodate the necessary wireless
interface to communicate with one of these wireless IR blasters?

One way would be to have an agreement with the makers of one of these
blasters and license the interface from then and incorporate into
SqueezeCommander. It will probably cost too much money to justify it,
but one can only wish. Take a look at the video about the UnityRemote
in the link above... I'd like to something similar to this for my
Android phone, but with the functionality of SqueezeCommander.

The other way... probably not legal... is to capture and replicate the
wireless signals from one of these apps. I know that recording the IR
signal from any of these blasters to the components is easy (most
Universal remotes have a record function) but how difficult would it be
to record the wireless signal from one of these apps to the IR blasters?
I doubt they're secured (encrypted). Just having an app that replicates
the signals that are required to turn several receivers on/off from my
Android phone  would be enough for me. Having SqueezeCommander do it
within its interface would be perfect.

Just a thought... I know that my iPhone-loving friend, who also owns a
SB3 because I recommended it.. is thinking of buying the UnityRemote...
I hate to have him show me another thing that he can "easily" do with
his device.

My other hope is that gears4 is also developing a UnityRemote app for
Android.

Back on topic...

--
tamanaco