My trusty Squeezebox 2 is dead. I'm not sure why. And I don't want to
repair it - I live in a hot climate (Trinidad) and that nice rubbery
finish has gone all sticky and gooey (the remote is covered in sticky
tape to make it holdable).

I bought the Squeezebox 2 for the following reasons:
- Linux and open source server software
- AlienBBC

My question is: what do I replace it with? Is the now-Logitech
Squeeze-stuff still the best option, or are there better players now.

I have a Linux media-centre PC which curently plays videos for me and
runs the squeezebox server. My music is kept on a DNS-323 NAS, which
has an iTunes server.

I need to play music three ways.
- On the Linux server with an external sound card - I currently use the
Linux Rythmbox player (the NAS is mounted on this machine).
- On my Macbook Pro - currently use iTunes
- On my audio system - where the Squeezebox 2 was.

I also want:
- BBC radio streams

I don't need:
- the players to be synchronised
- FLAC
- to waste time hacking software and firmware. I used to enjoy that
sort of thing (got squeezecentre working on a WL500g router!) but I've
got better things to do with my time.

Any suggestions on what to buy? Much as I like the squeezebox server,
maybe I just need an iTunes-compatible player.

--
dormant