SamS;625988 Wrote:
> I'm not an expert on DNS, but wouldn't that cause unnecessary ping delay
> times?  Your command  has to leave your LAN, go over the internet to the
> DNS server and come back to your SBS.
So far I didn't have complaints, so just try it out.
If it's worse in your local network when having it configured to the
DynDNS-Address I might reconsider my decision.

FLX Wrote:

> Because I have multiple squeezebox server running I have configured
> another server to run on http 9500 and discovery tcp udp on 3849
> instead of 3843. However squeezepad only checks for 3843, how can I
> manually enter a server?

Hi FLX.
Why did you change the ports (didn't know it was possible at all)? I
also have multiple servers running (on Mac, on Win, one Unix) and
leaving the default port works fine for all of them. I can also switch
easily between those via the server detection.

One cannot change port 3834 in SqueezePad - as that is actually a
hardcoded value in the Squeezebox-Server to my knowledge.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.