KMorgan;626491 Wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I've been looking at your blog and don't think it's possible to do what
> I would like. Perhaps I can spell it out and you can tell me why I can't
> do it, or if it may be possible in the future?
>
> 1. Take my iPad to my holiday flat (which has wifi)
> 2. Connect Squeezepad Playback to MySqueezebox.com
> 3. Connect to Napster
> 4. Use Airplay to send the music from Napster to an Apple TV, or an
> Airport Express.

Hi Keith,
well - your scenario would be possible if you tried anything else than
Napster (as you can see when streaming internet Radio).

The problem with Napster is, that it only streams WMA files.
Unfortunately Microsoft charges incredible fees for WMA decoders (see
here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/licensing/final.aspx#WindowsMediaAudioStandardVersion_Final).
Thus it's not possible for me to make WMA and Napster streaming a
reality.

It is possible to stream Napster via SqueezePad with some workaround
though.
If one uses a Windows based Squeezebox-server (even on Linux machines I
guess it's working with some additional plugins installed), then this
one will receive the Napster stream, decode it and send it as a
WAV-stream to SqueezePad. SqueezePad in turn can stream it via AirPlay
to your AppleTV or Airport Express.

So if you have a Laptop in you holiday flat where you can install the
Squeezebox-Server and then connect SqueezePad to that server (opposed
to directly to MySB.com) it would work.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.