Hoping someone can help me with an ongoing problem.  I had been having
this problem with my squeezebox receiver, and just replaced it with a
new Touch as i thought (hoped) the problem might be related to an
insufficient-size buffer.  However, the problem remains with the
Touch.

The problem is that playback will often (but not always) stop after the
first track of an album is played.  Eventually the second track will
start, sometimes after about a minute or so.  I had thought that the
problem was bandwith-related, as I am playing back FLAC files and my
main wireless router is quite far away from the squeezebox in question,
and I use a repeater to extend the coverage (I get a signal level of
close to 100%, although I realize that using the repeater halves the
bandwith).  However, strangely enough, if I'm in the middle of the
first track and advance to the second track, there's no delay--the
second track immediately starts.  I can also fast-forward within the
first track without delay.  That's why I'm fairly sure that the problem
is NOT a bandwith problem, although obviously i can't be certain and
don't have the option of using an ethernet connection to test it in
that location.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when this happens (i.e., when
the first track ends and during the period of delay before the second
track starts), whatever I'm using as my controller (sometime iPeng,
sometimes a remote laptop) becomes non-responsive--i can't just force
the second track to start.  It seems that at some point the
communication between the server and player is interrupted.

I should also mention that I had used this setup for years without this
problem.  I believe it began to happen after the the last major Squeeze
Server upgrade (when it went from from 7.3 to 7.4, I believe).

Has anyone else had this problem, and figured out how to solve it?

Thanks!

--
miguelk