> Some apps I've seen are like very complex remotes and remind me of MS
> or Open Office-type software. 90% of the users use just 10% of the
> features and find the presence of the other 90% confusing and
> unnecessary.

s/Open Office/Squeezebox Server/... the big problem there is that no two of
those users use the same 10%. What is important for A is absolutely unnecessary
for B. To find a balance is the big challenge. (I used to be active in the
StarOffice community back in the 90ies, when it was still a little German
community :-))

--

Michael