mherger;628224 Wrote:

> s/Open Office/Squeezebox Server/... the big problem there is that no
> two of those users use the same 10%. What is important for A is
> absolutely unnecessary for B. To find a balance is the big challenge.
> (I used to be active in the StarOffice community back in the 90ies,
> when it was still a little German community :-))

I hear what you're saying. But if you think about it in an A/V setting,
three things: On/off - Volume - Content source or selection - account
for most of what people do.

My point was that I don't think buying decisions are much influenced by
apps. If you want to listen to music and you walk into the room, are you
going to push some buttons on the front panel or IR remote, or go look
for your Touch or Pad and then wait for it to boot up so you can use
the app?

I don't think people who want to sit on the couch and play with an app
represent a large portion of potential buyers. But I do see it as a
potential marketing defensive measure, if your company produces a
product that has several competitors, you don't want to be the only one
that DOESN'T have an app. But I do think few care about app features.

--
Goodsounds