azaz44;628914 Wrote:

> - my plugin works, but the icon for it is wrong (shows some two lights
> pointing to the stage)

Which plugin is that?

I'm using the icon url from "window" -> "icon-id".
If no icon url can be found, I'm showing this default icon (two
lights).

> - in my plugin I can show a context menu for an item with add, play,
> insert etc. If I select "Add" it works correctly - adds to the playlist
> and closes the popup menu (goes to parent). If I choose "Play" however,
> it goes to another menu with just one item called "Play". It seems to
> be SqueezeCommander addition. (But the action works at the end)

I'm trying to avoid touch-to-play.
Of course, in this case - if the element is named PLAY - it should play
directly.

What's the text of this (play) item?
What's the JSON command?

> - on players menu: in iPeng you can click on the song title (white text
> on dark blue bg) to activate the player. Actually I found this is the
> best way to do this, otherwise you never know if you hit something that
> makes some action, like volume control or player on/off. This doesn't
> work here.

I prefer clicking on the player name itself, because the song title is
ambiguous.
If you have a sync group of several player, which one should be
selected by clicking the song title? The master?

I'll probably change it that it will automatically select the current
sync master.

> - am I the only one which dislikes the way you select the player in
> iPeng (and here?). This screen is maybe great for advanced control of
> all players at once or synchro, but for normal operation... Logitech
> app is way better here because selecting the player is easy and you
> always see your player name with big font.

I do not really like the big player name, because it take pretty much
space and I normally know which player I selected.

But making it easier to select another player may be a good idea.

Right now, if you long-press the player name on the bottom, you will
jump to the PlayerServerScreen.
Maybe I should change this so that a "Player Selection Popup" opens
directly and you can select the player you want.
What do you think?

> - if you are in the library, you have a button to go back ala iPeng.
> Not sure if it's really needed, since Android devices have hardware go
> back..

Yes, this is just shown for convenience to see which was the previous
screen.
And the (vertical) space in the ActionBar is taken anyway, so it's not
so bad, IMHO.

> it is because the UI makes it feel faster (animated icon) plus iPeng
> starts loading stuff before the menu starts sliding, not sure how it's
> here. (But I also restarted my server recently, it might be things are
> slower now, because not cached...)

Not sure about this one, for me it's as fast as iPeng.
The good thing is that more stuff is cached in SqueezeCommander, so if
you e.g. open an album again, it will probably be very fast. :-)

> - everything is made the way "high contrast + bold fonts", not sure if
> it's good for longer use :)

I'm not sure either. :-)
Nothing is set in stone, so this may change in the future.

> - dots shown, when you can slide the screens, are small and not
> clickable. They are iPhone style, not Android style. Clicking them
> would actually come handy while browsing music.
There were clickable in the earlier Betas, but it was too difficult to
hit them.
And making them bigger is IMHO a waste of space.

PS: You can long-press on the (soft or hard) back key to get back to
the HomeMenu.

> - sliding the screen to go one level higher in the tree, when browsing
> music, works, but is not really robust (AFAIR same applies to iPeng).

I've noticed that as well.
I should probably reduce the minimum swipe distance...

> - some polish strings are cutted from the first special polish
> character to the end. Not sure if it's translation issue or program.
> Some other work fine. ("รณ" works ok, "ł", "ś", "ć" etc.
> don't).

Could you give an example of such a string and where it is shown?

> - on this panel with play, prev, next it feels like sth is missing.
> Maybe becayse of getting used to iPeng, maybe because assymetry. How
> about adding some useful action there.

Any ideas?
In the previous version, there was also a "Clear Playlist" icon, but
that is pretty useless and hence I've moved it to the Playlist Edit
mode. :-)

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android