peterw;629371 Wrote:
> If by energy saving plug you mean a fancy power strip that shuts off
> power to some outlets when the appliance plugged into the "trigger"
> outlet is turned off, that almost certainly won't work. All the
> Squeezebox players use only 1 or 2 watts more when "on" than when "off"
> (at most!) which is not enough difference for those power strips to
> detect.
More 1W difference than 2 on an SB3 (which has been painted as a
terrible energy guzzler and isn't, btw.)
I know (but hasn't used) of 1 IR controlled power plug. This ought to
work. Look for Ansmann Zerowatt AES2 if you want.

--
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 3 SB Classic, 1 SB Boom • iPeng (iPhone + iPad)
• SqueezeCenter 7.4.2 (Debian 5.0)  with plugins: MusicIP • Server Power
Control by Gordon Harris •  WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by
Gwendesign (Felix) • Find cover art by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer
by Triode • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat, Song Info, Song
Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter
Watkins.