Every 15-30 seconds? starting at some arbitrary day without you changing
anything?
Did you reboot router and server already? My Squeezeboxes sometimes are
like this, when there is an IP conflict somewhere in the network.

If that does not help I'd like you to turn on some debug logging:
server settings->advanced->protocol. Change network.cometd to debug
(and hit apply)
Then send the logs to support(at)squeezepad.com.
Please provide at least 10000 lines you can change the number of lines
in the browser url when you see the log.
This is definitely not normal operation and I hope that the logs
provide some new clues.

--
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)* - -now featuring streaming
to iPad!-
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.x) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.