ja2038;632631 Wrote:
> I am having a problem listening to internet radio stations using the
> latest squeezebox server on a pretty fast desktop connecting to a
> squeezebox boom and a couple of squeezeplays (also the latest nightlies
> of squeezeplay)
>
> The problem tends to be on AM Clearchannel Icecast Akamai stations, but
> sometimes it appears on all sorts of my stations.
>
> I am using a COX cable connection, that is usually 12-30Mbps down and
> about 1M up.  And usually stable.
>
> What I see is that the player tries connecting.  And after connecting,
> it will buffer 5%, buffer 7%, buffer 19%, ... connecting.  Buffering
> 5%, buffering 7%, buffering 19%, connecting.  It can do that all day.
>
> SOMETIMES,
>
> I can switch it to a more reliable station, wait a few seconds, and try
> again with the problematic station, and the problem station will connect
> just fine.
>
> So I don't know who is responsible.
>
> My desktop running squeezebox server,
> One of my squeezeplayers
> The squeezebox boom
> My router
> Cox
> Akamai
> Clearchannel
> Osama Bin Laden
>
> Has anyone seen anything like this before?  How do I diagnose it, or
> better, fix it!?

Having read nothing here, I have to recommend not running the "lastest
squeezeplay" and expecting anything other than disappointment. Try
turning that off first. (I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first
time.)

pski

real stereo doesn't just wake the neighbors, it -enrages- them.. It is
truly the Golden Age of Wireless