On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM, hunta
<hunta.4u7non1306188...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:

> Mnyb;632844 Wrote:
>> If you use for example mp3tag or puddletag you can set it do not change
>> the date, so that you can safely update tags without the files showing
>> up at the top of the "new music " list.
>
> Thanks for the tip, I'll investigate for future changes. Still have the
> current issue though of course!

Here's a quick way you can do it using Windows Powershell (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968929 to download the newest version,
unless you have Windows 7, where it's already included)

Let's say you have a folder with all of your music files called c:\music

Open Powershell and type the following two commands (hit enter after each):

$files = Get-Child-Item c:\music -recurse
foreach ($f in $files) { $f.LastWriteTime =  $f.CreationTime }

That should do it.  It will change the modified date of every
filesystem object inside c:\music to match its own creation date.

Standard disclaimer: This is offered with no guarantee or warranty,
make a backup of your files before running this, etc, etc.  It just
worked quite nicely for me on a test folder on my machine, so test it
on your system and let me know if it works.

-Steve