aubuti;640733 Wrote:
> I don't know where you are located, but the original Boom is still
> available a lot of places. With triode's Spotify plugin it ticks 3 of
> the 4 boxes, lacking only the touchscreen. Is the touchscreen really
> that essential? That seems more "laughable" to me.

I know you were being helpful. I didn't intend to come across as
picking on your generosity. Certainly my "laughable" comment was most
definitely not aimed at you, but rather at anyone at Logitech who might
use the fact that one can piece together a system as an excuse to not
build a "Boom 2."

Please understand that I'm not interested in providing the now
discontinued Boom to others.  I have many, and understand they still
function beautifully.  But, as much as I enjoy the elegance of the
original Boom, I do think the newer interface, as presented in the
Radio and Touch, is easier and less intimidating for new and less
computer literate users.  Also, the forward path, apart from the LMS,
is to the new design.

So the sooner Logitech drops whatever excuses they're using and
releases a "Boom 2", the better off we'll all be.

--
eganders