tpchristian;643605 Wrote:
> No, I am using Squeeze Commander.  As you requested I tried controlling
> from the web also, would not do anything.  If I press the hard keys for
> volume, it will increase, but will usually decrease the volume shortly
> after.
>
> I tried the regular music player and it was doing the same thing.  I
> would turn it up and it would automatically turn down shortly
> thereafter.  Now I thought that maybe it wasn't just squeezeplayer.
> Just to be sure I force closed squeezeplayer and tried the regular
> music player again.  Now the problem is gone.  I started squeezeplayer
> one more time and the problem is back.
>
> This volume problem is really the show-stopper, but the not supporting
> landscape is a minor annoyance.

Ok - one more test: upen the web-interface, then change the volume with
SqueezePlayer to its max volume (playing a song not needed).
Is the volume bar in the web-interface going to its max value as well?

If not, please check that SqueezePlayer is configured correctly:
- enter the settings menu (menu button) and check if the port to the
server is correct
- also check if you need to enter username and password when your
server is setup with password protection

If SqueezePlayer cannot send the new volume correctly to the server,
than some time later the server tells SqueezePlayer it's current volume
so any change on the device gets reset.

If this is still not your issue, please write a mail to
support(at)squeezeplayer.com. I'd provide you with a custom version
with some extra logging about what volume events arrive in
SqueezePlayer.

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)