Nick_G;653677 Wrote:

> I do still wonder if it's connected with the bugs in SBS 7.6.

Could be but I'd put my money on something in your local setup that is
hurting the signal. (otherwise there'd be a LOT more complaints...many
people have 7.6.1 working very well).

What WIFI signal strength does the player report?  Also, use something
like NetStumbler or Vistumbler to check for local Wifi NETWORKS and
make sure you're on a different channel (far away as possible). I had
similar problems to yours on an older SB3 when I had intermitant WIFI
problems.  If this is the case, you might want to consider powerplugs
to bring ethernet from the router to your SB Player.

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance (1.5) > SbS 7.5.4 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.1 > Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery
(all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPeng &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag