JJZolx;658172 Wrote:
> See my comment above and in the bug report.
>
> Even if it worked properly for everyone, there's no _reason_ to scan
> embedded images when you have cover.jpg files.
Thanks for the pointer to the bug report.

I agree, proper cover art handling by SBS, that satisfies a wide range
of user needs, requires a number of well-thought-out options, one of
which you enumerate above.

Looking at the bug report, there's been a lot of discussion but no
consensus, and nothing is scheduled to be changed in the 7.x timeframe
(8.0.0 target milestone).

So it seems that the best strategy to ensure proper handling of art by
SBS 7.6.1 is to remove all embedded art work and use cover.jpg in the
album directory.

This conclusion likely holds for all versions of SBS in the 7.x series
as well.

--
Ron Olsen