T-bird;662323 Wrote:
> Just installed the beta and all is working ok
> Looking at rescan reason and that is showing for example songs:
> -1/10707
> What is the logic behind rescans, is it only then the numbers for
> albums,songs and so on is changed or is it something else?

Yes, I'm doing three things to figure out if we need a rescan:

1. After (re-)establishing a connection to an SBS, I compare the real
count of artists/albums/genres with the number of items in
SqueezeCommander's database

2. On every ServerStatus event (~once a minute), I compare the reported
number of items in the library (artists/albums/genres/songs) with the
number of items reported on the last sync (Note: These numbers can be
different than the numbers in 1.)

3. If an error occurs while opening/accessing the database or the sync
is canceled/failed, I set the last reported number of songs (see 2.) to
-1 to force a rescan on the next ServerStatus

If you get "Songs: -1/10707" as Resync Reason, that means that case 3
happened, i.e. there was an error opening/accessing the DB or the
previous Sync was canceled.

Did it resync even after the previous Sync was successful (i.e. the DB
Sync icon was removed from the Notification area)?

BTW: The message should also show you the numbers for
albums/artists/genres.
Are these number -1/xxx as well?

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android