flattermann;662349 Wrote:
> @ciarpame & @T-bird:
>
> One thing you may want to try if you are suffering from DB Resyncs is
> to do a full "Clear and Rescan" of your SBS.
>
> The reason for this is that sometimes (I haven't found a pattern), the
> SBS reports the wrong number of items.
>
> E.g. SBS tells SqueezeCommander that it has 1000 albums, but in reality
> it has 1001.
> This will cause a resync on every startup of SqueezeCommander...
> (Because of case 1 in my previous posting)
>
> After a "Clear and Rescan" of the SBS, the reported values should be
> correct again...

Below you can find the transcription of a few rescan reasons (using
beta 20111010-112129). You are right, it seems that I'm suffering of
the issue stated in the quoted message. I'm confident that a full clear
& rescan will fix it, but it takes almost 10 hours to complete and it
will happen again sooner or later.

I'm wondering if ti's just a coincidence that in your example the
difference between the wrong number of items and the real one is just
1? Because it seems the same happened to me (2809/2810).
What about a workaround option in your app to just ignore this little
difference and avoid to rescan forever? It reminds me of the 2 seconds
difference issue between file systems, handled by many program by just
ignoring it (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/127830). Or an option to
just disable automatic resync? By the way I mostly play my music by
folder, I don't care if album list is not perfectly updated.

Thank you very much for your support.

FIRST BETA LAUNCH

Mon Oct 10 11:55:22
GMT+02:00 2011:
Albums: -1/2809
Artists: -1/1057
Genres: -1/269
Songs: -1/35017

Mon Oct 10 12:01:54
GMT+02:00 2011:
CheckAlbumsCount: 2809/2810

EXIT THEN LAUNCH AGAIN

Mon Oct 10 12:09:22
GMT+02:00 2011:
Albums: 2809/2809
Artists: 1057/1057
Genres: 269/269
Songs: -2/35017

Mon Oct 10 12:17:51
GMT+02:00 2011:
CheckAlbumsCount: 2809/2810

SHORT TRIP OUTSIDE HOME THEN BACK AGAIN

Mon Oct 10 13:47:51
GMT+02:00 2011:
CheckAlbumsCount: 2809/2810

Mon Oct 10 13:57:00
GMT+02:00 2011:
CheckAlbumsCount: 2809/2810

Mon Oct 10 14:02:48
GMT+02:00 2011:
Albums: 2809/2810
Artists: 1057/1057
Genres: 269/269
Songs: -2/35031

QUIET FOR A WHILE THEN I MOVED SOME FOLDERS

Mon Oct 10 18:04:33
GMT+02:00 2011:
Albums: 2810/2814
Artists: 1057/1058
Genres: 269/270
Songs: 35031/35031

My library statistics from sb server at the beginning of the test
Total Tracks: 35,031
Total Albums: 2,810
Total Artists: 1,057
Total Genres: 269

My library statistics from sb server after moving some folder in a
different part of the tree
Total Tracks: 35,060
Total Albums: 2,814
Total Artists: 1,058