garym;665003 Wrote:
> agree. I'm using SqueezePlay on a Win7(64) Dell laptop and I just played
> a 24/96 song with no problem. Not sure which version of SqueezePlay
> other than from 7.6 and the "info" screen on SP shows 7.6.0.  I recall
> that softsqueeze won't do 24/96 but that SqueezePlay has always been
> able to handle 24/96.  Are you sure these are 24/96 and not 24/192?
>
> For general playback on my computer, I actually use foobar2000. Plays
> about every type of codec there is and handles hirez files well. I use
> basic foobar2000 and the "facets" add-on to create an "itunes like"
> interface (menu scroll on genre/album/artist/track etc.).
>
> p.s. Also a happy mp3tag user.

Thanks. It seems Squeezeplay doesn't support 24/96, but the server
would have transcoded down if only I had let it do so.

As you say, foobar2000 is a great playback tool on a PC.  Never having
used itunes (I am i-allergic) I'm not sure what you mean about the
interface, but I'll take a look at facets - it looks useful.

--
PasTim

Server on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, 2 CPU, 2GHz, 4GB, FLAC files. Touch
on Ethernet (in another room).  Analogue out over 'a bit of wire' to
ageing Quad Hi-Fi. An old (wireless) laptop controls the server using
Chrome.