castalla;669321 Wrote:
> The only mandatory scan is when you first install/update the sbs
> software - and I've never had a failure, ever.

Yes I know that.

There is one mandatory scan on SBS/LMS the first time you start it, and
you are totally unable to play a file on the usb stick your friend
brought, unless you copy the file to a specific folder you assigned to
LMS.

There is one mandatory scan each time you connect a usb device to the
Touch (plus the time for the server to restart, each time the device is
replaced or disconnected)

This is complete nonsense no normal user can ever accept ...
The most basic free version of MediaMonkey is years ahead of SBS/LMS
regarding files selection and automatic folders scanning.

Concerning scanning failures, I had almost none myself.
But there are so many problems for so many people, that I cannot see
how this software could be successful if those issues (far worse in
SBS/LMS than in any other music software I am aware of) are not
seriously fixed once for all.
We are quite far from that ...
It is really killing the product line to deny that scanning reliability
is not one of the biggest problems, and probably the worse one, of
squeezeboxes softwares.

--
nicolas75