Hi all,

I have read with interest various threads on how " geeky " or
not the Squeezebox system is, and hought I'd share a recent
experience.

Earlier this week, I upgraded my Napster subscription, and also
tried out the latest LMS server on a spare laptop ( I've obviously got
too much time on my hands at present)

Well I got everything configured eventually, but it was a hell of
a lot more involved than I expected. I don't want to go into too much
detail,( if anyone's interested I will) but to get Napster to appear on
my apps, and not have to connect to it via mysqueezebox.com was a pain.

I am speaking here as someone who loves Squeezebox, and having
used it  for a couple of years now, consider myself reasonably
proficient with its idiosyncrasies, but there is no way that was a user
friendly experience..

Now that I've finally got it set up as desired, I have to say I
like LMS, and the Napster upgrade is well worth the extra £5 a month (
bye bye Spotify ), but it should not have been that difficult.

Trev

--
gruntwolla

Debian sheeva plug running sbs 7.5.4