amcluesent;672237 Wrote:
> > but to get Napster to appear on my apps, and not have to connect to it
> via mysqueezebox.com<
>
> Sounds like you were fighting against the anticipated use case. Calling
> a problem may be invalid.

This works you just make sure that your mysqueezebox.com creds are
entered into the mysqueezebox.com tab in the squeezebox server then any
app should be able to work trough the local server contacting mysb.com
in the background a few apps can have a corresponding serverside plugin
that needs to be on some don't ( but nowadays this plugin should turn on
automatically, maybe a restart is needed )

Sometimes the local server may get into " dns " problems in reality it
can't connect to internet, this affects all mysb.com integration
including the radio listings from mysb.com this rarely happen on real
computers it is more common on nas installs.

But you still install the app by going to mysqueezebox.com your player
must be registred on your account which it is either by you during the
setup or by the local server in the background.

Another gotcha can be the age of the server and firmware version, using
mysqueezebox.com truogh your local server means that you can skip
upgrades and run old versions of firmware.
This usually works fine untill you run * very * old versions of local
server . An example would be from before the " app " concept was
introduced

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )