Hi Buddabreath

buddhabreath;673280 Wrote:

> 1) I like to play random tracks from a folder - I can do this from the
> squeezebox controller by picking a folder and pressing play if settings
> are random by song. I can't see how to do this with squeezepad.

It would surprise me, if SqueezePad does not play shuffled if you
select a track from a folder as the server handles all this. If one the
Controller you hit 'play' directly on the folder you can do the same in
SqueezePad by doing a long press on the folder (and selecting 'play'
from the context menu)
Are you sure the player you selected currently had the random function
turned on (you can with the icons in the control bar of SqueezePad).

> 2) Ultimate: can I access my music when I'm outside of my home LAN? I'd
> LOVE to be able to take my squeezepad on the road and have access to my
> music libary. That would be heaven!!!

This is possible indeed.
You need to forward port 9000 and 3483 on your router.

I didn't write dedicated instructions for SqueezePad, but if you look
into my blog of my other playback App SqueezePlayer
(http://www.squeezeplayer.com/2011/05/how-to-connect-via-3g/) then the
steps and instructions are virtually the same also for iPad remote
streaming.
And I tried hard to explain the whole topic as easy as possible (though
networking not always is straightforward)

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)