magnus428;669985 Wrote:
> I would like to see it the other way arround. I am not sure of what the
> IR blaster is dooing, but I am using a Global Cache Itach (IP to IR
> bridge) and with this I would like to be able to adjust the volume of
> my amplifier from the squeezepad program. (to use a fixed output from
> the squeezebox). To do this, I need to be able to set up the squeezepad
> to send a TCP/IP message when I press the volume button (instead of
> sending it to the squeezebox). Also, it would be nice to be able to
> switch on/off the amplifier this way.

As said: if you look into the IRBlaster plugin you will realize, that
it captures all volume events from a controller (like SqueezePad) to a
Squeezebox (even if it is set to 100% volume).
After capturing the events it decides to turn them into IR commands,
but this second part could be completely swapped against sending TCP
commands.

So no adjustments are needed in SqueezePad, every custom volume
mechanism can be implemented as a server side plugin an the basis of
IRBlaster.

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)