db122;677204 Wrote:
> Actually, the Kindle Fire runs Gingerbread.

Interesting. Good to know.

> and would forever destroy the Android community, etc, etc, etc
Well, it's not like fragmentation was a new issue and limited to the
Kindle Fire. I mean, I bought a phone THIS YEAR which is now 3 software
generations behind, can not be officially upgraded and I can't root it
unless I'm willing to re-activate my old Windows PC because you can't
do it from OSX or Linux. Android is just the same horrible mess it was
a year ago, Amazon is not to be blamed.

What it may cause trouble for is Honeycomb I believe because this means
soon most tablets will run other Android versions so developers can't
really support honeycomb features if they want to be compatible which
isn't really helping to sell tablets that are more expensive than an
iPad.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com