I know it's considerably off the main topic of this post (android) but
I've been really happy with 'Squeeze Control' on my Palm Pre 2 phone.
The exhibition mode while on the touchstone charger is rather nice.
I am sure that the phone and tablet are still available.

Here is a link to the screen shots:
http://angrygoatapps.com/screenshots.html

In the latest round (Verizon) new every 2 contract I was faced with
jumping to Android or picking up the Pre 2 for free (essentially).  I
went with the Pre for $$ reasons.

The open source (WebOS)community has been great and there are ample
apps.

On the Anrdoid side, my wife has the Motorola Atrix 2 and is quite
happy with it.  The multimedia dock works well as well as the Bluetooth
keyboard and mouse.

Android tablet (and other tablet) screen resolutions are reportedly
going to increase in the next 6 months and would likely play havoc with
any arrangement of squeezebox control applications.

Happy hunting.

--
bobharp

Bob Harper