I wish to revive this thread because something astonishing (to me, at
least) revealed itself yesterday.  I had played around with positioning
the SB3 and what not - no joy.  Nothing ever fixed my intermittent
"Can't connect" problems.  Recently, I completely rejigged our AV stack
in the living room and at long last the video gear is now close to the
audio gear.  To facilitate the video streaming in the new location, I
recalled that the SB3 could act as a wireless bridge.  Turns out, that
the SB3 provides better streaming than the PS3 native WLAN adapter, for
example.  So with the aid of a simple LAN switch, the SB3 is now
supplying (wireless) network services to the entire home theatre (until
such time that I can drag a new CAT5 cable into position).  Here's the
truly goofy part, which I would dearly love someone to explain:

Last night, we were streaming video to the TV  *ALL THE WHILE THE SB
WAS ON THE BLINK*, intermittently displaying the time but mostly
sulking "Can't connect".

My point is:  all the time I associated the "Can't connect" messages
with problems at the *physical* layer when, since yesterday, I am
almost certain that these problems are further UP the network stack.

Even after I stopped the video stream, the SB would not operate
normally.  So it is not like a lack of bandwidth would explain away the
problem.  The ultimate resolution is always the same: power cycle the SB
and it works again - for a while.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

--
ovonrein