It gets goofier still.  While the Nintendo Wii is perfectly happy
streaming video all the while the SB is saying "Can't connect", the PS3
actually drops its connection to PSN.  How can this be?  (Wii, PS3 and
SB all connect to the same switch which hooks up to the WLAN via the
SB's bridge.)  The only weird thing about the Wii is that it will not
drive our LAN adaptor as a "wireline connection" but we can only make
it work as a "ireless connection".  So the Wii ends up talking 802.11
over the CAT5 wire.  Whereas we told the PS3 to disable its WLAN
adaptor so it will be talking genuine 802.3.  But why does any of this
matter?

--
ovonrein