maggior;681619 Wrote:
> I must be missing something with these comments above.
>
> Squeezecommander works just as well (better in some ways) than iPeng.
> You can easily install it by registering with and installing the
> marketplace app at SlideMe.org.  No rooting, no special permissions,
> all stock!
>
> At $200, it's a heck of a lot cheaper solution than an iPad.  Plus, the
> Fire is smaller, which is more than enough for a controller!  I find it
> a better size for a controller app.
>
> I don't have personal experience with the Nook Tablet, but if you can
> use it with SlideMe.org, there should be no problem.  There you can get
> a refurb for much less than $200.
>
> Compared to $500 or $600 for an iPad, I think this expended "energy"
> had a really good ROI!  The $200 - $300 saved could buy a lot of new
> music!! :-).

Hi-

A lot of us find the SB Touch too small to see from a listening
distance - say 10ft or 3m. Is the Fire screen large enough for this?
Can you for instance display album art and the album/song title and
read the text from that distance?

Thanks

--
firedog

GIK Acoustics Room Treatments. Tranquil PC fanless server running
Vortexbox OS; SB Touch slaved to Empirical Audio Pace Car; MF X-DAC-V3,
MF X-150 as pre-amp, Grant Fidelity B-283MKII buffer>ClassDaudio SDS-470
amp; Devore Gibbon Super 8 Speakers; Dual 506 + Ortofon M20 (occasional
use); sometimes use PC with M-Audio 192 as digital source. SB Boom in
second room. Arcam CD82 which I don't use anymore, even though it's a
very good player.