The project is still chucking along, though I've had a few setbacks.

Among them:
- I've had to change to another GUI toolkit completely. (Square one
again!) Some things were simply not possible (- at least with my still
rather limited set of skills).
- an internal modelling structure in the new GUI toolkit was obviously
far too slow. I've created a new model that performs a lot better :)
- I've, just now, encountered what seems to be a bug in the LMS
server's JSON interface. I can work around this to some extent, so
tracks and albums can be catalogged as expected, but sorting tracks is
still quite troublesome. (Bugreport filed on
http://bugs.slimdevices.com)

Also, I've added options for catalogging a connected player's playlist,
as well as saved playlists.

I'm still contemplating a plethora of design ideas for the output (and
so also learning a lot more HTML/CSS).
It's still not too late, if anyone should have a design idea or two for
the output - feel free to contact me.

And now - on with the coding...

--
DK_Dennis