maggior;685045 Wrote:
> (I read further back into this thread and I see others have reported the
> same problem with other devices using ICS.  Below is my experience on my
> Xoom which just updated.  Fortunately there is a workaround - which is
> to configure the server manually.)
>
> ++++++++++
>
> My WiFi Motorola Xoom updated to Ice Cream Sandwich (aka ICS) last
> night.  After the update, SqueezePlayer was acting strange.  Pop ups
> kept coming up about my server that I had to keep tapping "OK" on until
> eventually they went away.  Once they went away, it wouldn't connect to
> my server (it showed a status of "connecting...").
>
> The only way I was able to get it to connect was to go into settings
> and select "manually configure server".  That worked (thankfully).  I
> use this app all of the time and I would have been very dissapointed if
> it stopped working.
>
> I did reinstall my server software the other day, but that doesn't seem
> to have anything to do with it since my wife's Kindle Fire didn't have
> the issue when I brought it up.
>
> Other factors that may play into it:
> - I have 2 seperate servers, both running 7.5.5
> - The server I was trying to connect to is using port 9001 (not the
> default).
> - Both servers are configured with security (they require a username
> and password).
>
> Hopefully this information will help others and help you determine if
> there is an issue to be fixed.
>
> Thanks!!

Hi maggior,

thanks a lot for this report.
I think ICS has a bug: it reports a servername where I want to retrieve
an IP address.
And this servername in turn cannot be resolved to an IP address, which
is why the automatic server detection might not work anymore.

When SqueezePlayer tells you it connects to server "xyz". Can you ping
"xyz" from some computer?

--
bluegaspode

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)