I started this thread a year ago -- how great that so many smart people
have made real progress on Airplay.

In the interest of full disclosure, the reason I was interested in it
is because I've found my iPod touch is actually the best device I can
find to manage all my podcasts through the Downcast app.  For me, it's
really about NON MUSIC audio. So, it's nice to be able to just continue
to listen to a podcast that say I was already listening to in my car.
And the multiroom feature of SB would be useful in this case, because I
could have the podcast going everywhere in my house, making it easy to
have something going in the background.  Same is true of audiobooks
etc...easier if you just use one device rather than having the same
audio on both SB server as well as the device and trying to figure out
where you left off.

But I also agree, I think it's cool if someone comes over with their
iPhone or iPod and they could instantly be the whole home DJ through
Airplay! Great idea.

--
robotron2