pippin;695977 Wrote:
> But you are aware that strictly speaking in some countries that support
> violates a number of laws (including most of Europe and the US) because
> it uses cracked DRM passwords. The only reason you can still provide is
> that Apple generally doesn't care about these things as long as they
> don't hurt their sales directly

While it's clear why all of this is out-of-bounds for Logitech; I think
that concluding that this support violates a number of laws (for US
anyway) is overstepping given that Apple has not challenged it and laws
regarding this stuff are very complicated (e.g. DCMA - note that iPhone
jailbreaking was explicitly added as an exception. Different than this
case, yes, but the point is that the whole legal area is far from
clear).

Anyway, Logitech obviously licenses Apple stuff legitimately and
wouldn't have interest in gray areas. But there's no reason to make
legal assumptions on third-party choices that aren't being legally
challenged (or to discourage such third-party development based on
hypotheticals).

--
jdoering