pomatomus;685867 Wrote:
> with 580,000 tracks, server 7.5.5 takes about 7.5 hours to look for
> new/changed, on my reasonably fast i7 machine. I still get timeouts
> sporadically on the New Music browse (controller only, not in the web
> interface), but I've found 7.5.5 is better than previous versions,
> which used to time out almost every single time. I don't think large
> collections were really anticipated.

When I asked Logitech some time ago in the following thread, the
largest library they ever performed any official tests on was a 120 000
tracks library. So based on this, I'm pretty sure the system hasn't been
optimized to run good in a 580 000 tracks library, since they have no
way to test it. I suspect most of their testing is done in a lot
smaller libraries so even if they have access to a 120 000 tracks
library it doesn't mean that they run a lot of tests with that
library.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=88867

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.