mlsstl;687735 Wrote:
> I'm a bit confused. My Kindle Fire arrived yesterday and had both Orange
> and Squeeze Commander running very quickly.
>
> I had to install the "Slideme' store app. Then I bought Orange (99
> cents) and Squeeze Commander ($4.99) and both installed quickly. The
> only "change" was to tell the Kindle to allow the installation of apps
> in Settings/Device. (The default is "no".)
>
> The Kindle Fire saw all three squeezeboxes on my network and found the
> server without hassle.
>
> About the only way it could have been easier in my book is if the
> Kindle Fire was a dedicated SB controller.

The problem was that I had bought it already on the Google app store
and didn't want to have to buy it again just to use it on the kindle.
It was partly a technical exercise to see how/if I could install apps
that came from the Google app store.

Glad you had no trouble.  The fire does work quite well as a
controller...and as a player too if you load squeeze player.

Have fun!

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch, SqueezeCommander on Xoom.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.5, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 37,509 songs, 2,934 albums, 515 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior