Mnyb;691529 Wrote:
> Does the 24/96 files play as they should ?
>
> Are these flac files .
>
> Default settings should work fine, have you ever modified the file
> types settings ? or do you have a custom convert.conf file you
> modified.
>
> Streaming FLAC as WAV can break the transcoding functionality .
>
> FLAC > Native (I have disabled AIFF in the flac setting, can't remember
> why probably unrelated )
>
> SB3 supports 24bit 44.1/48 so everything is converted to that rate even
> on the digital out so if the 24/88.2 files and the 24/96 files works so
> should the other ones .
>
> You SB3 is not modified some users have removed clock-crystals on it
> rendering 48/96/192 useless for example .
>
> What is the spec of the server ?
>
> In the file typesw setting any relevant helper apps greyd out like SoX
> or Flac .
>
> If you are using ubuntu in 64bits did you install the 32bit
> compatibility packet ?

Thanks for the reply, here is the answer to your questions:-

1. the SB3 can play the 24/96 without problem
2. the high res files are all AIFF
3. under the AIFF section, I choose SOX, I don't have a custom
convert.conf file
4. my normal 16/44.1 files are all Apple lossless m4a, I stream it
using PCM
5. the SB3 is in stock form, no modification
6. I'm using the Vortexbox version 2.0, the server is using Atom 510
1.6GHz, 2G ram
7. as I said in (2) & (3) above, I pick SoX for AIFF
8. Vortexbox 2.0 is using Fedora 16, don't know nothing about 64bits vs
32 bits

Hope you can help

--
Bryan Jan