ralphy wrote:
> I have a couple things for you to try.
>
> 1. Remove -DUSE_SIGNALS_FOR_RESTART from the CFLAGS in
> makefile.linux26-i64-alsa-display and rebuild.  Use squeezeslave as
> before and see if it "hangs" again.

Code:
--------------------
  >   > make -f makefile.linux26-i64-alsa-display clean
  > make -f makefile.linux26-i64-alsa-display
--------------------

> 2. Run squeezeslave, any build, adding -dslimproto to your existing
> command line.  Report the line that starts with proto_sigpipe:
>
> Mine looks like

Code:
--------------------
--------------------

> I expect yours to be different.
>
> I'll have further suggestions based on the reported MSG.

hi ralphy,

i'm having exactly the same issue as described before, over multiple
versions of everything. i compiled like you said, and i get the same
MSG_NOSIGNAL on the debug of slimproto. what information can i provide
about my build that might help you troubleshoot?

i'm using the latest sources, but this issue has been consistent,
exactly as described by the other fella.

root@tucker:/usr/local/bin# squeezeslave -V
squeezeslave 1.2-319 Apr 19 2012 21:32:51
compile flags: linux portaudio:1608 debug daemon renice zones
buffer sizes: decoder 2097152 output 2822400 bytes

Copyright 2004-2012 Richard Titmuss, Duane Paddock.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is
NO
PURPOSE.