1st of all I will say I am happy w/ SBS 7.6 and I think Erland's
dedication to enhancing our musical experience should be praised.

For me:
#1: System actions in the playlist.
Like setting volume up/down before/after a song; playing a radio stream
for X minutes then switch to another source; etc.

#2: Proxying the local library via mySB.com.
On the move, the only protocol I am sure to have access to is HTTP on
port 80. All the rest is likely to be filtered. I don't want to open
this kind of gate on my LAN. But SBS could connect to something like
mysb.com and allow access to local files

#3: Power management integration at OS level.
Make PM-aware the native win/mac os SBS dashboards so that the software
can fight against a sleep request when playing, and disconnect/reconnect
players at shutdown-sleep/boot-wake time. Try to cook something on
linux, too. I believe a dummy usb driver would receive/handle the PM
events on any reasonable platform.
(I know srvPowerControl exists; it does more than fitting the bill a
dedicated server. But it doesn't have OS-level integration so it does
not work perfect on multi-purpose machines like a desktop.)

#4: An undead MIP-like system.
I use MIP and it kind of works. But it has its quirks and won't run on
anything other than i386 (AFAIK)

#5: Quality (which means authorized I suppose) art and metadata.
I like discogs a lot, but really I am spending too much time on that
site.