cathcam wrote:
> Thanks, you make some good points, seems in some ways we are going in
> opposite directions though.
>
> I would like to go ahead and create some playlists, although some of
> what I want to achieve could be done by re-tagging the original MP3's
> for example with a track number, that isn't the direction I want to go
> down I'll have a look and see if I can get videolan to create m3u files
> using drag and drop and then save the playlist into a location where the
> LMS can find them.
If you want to create them manually and if VLC is already your preferred
media software then sure, that would be a good place to start. And if
the VLC standard configuration doesn't support m3u then you should look
for add-ons, because m3u is still a common format. For example, when I
first used Songbird it didn't support exporting m3u, but soon enough
there was a community-contributed add-on that added that feature.