erland wrote:
> Minimum requirement would be possibility to have an automatic playlist
> that either:
>
> - Contains all tracks in my library except for those I've marked it to
> ignore. The ignore can be accomplished with low ratings or something
> similar, doesn't matter as long it works. I don't want to have to
> manually update the playlist, when I add new music to the library it
> should automatically be added to it. The tracks in the playlist should
> be in random order.
>
> or
>
> - Contains all tracks which I've added to the library during last 2
> months. The playlist should be updated automatically when a track gets
> older then 2 months or when new music is added to the library. The
> tracks in the playlist should be in random order.
>
> Basically I'm looking at some kind of minimal sub set of what Dynamic
> Playlist + SQL Playlist plugins achieves.
Yes, I think that J. River should be able to do both of the above two
things. Caveat: I personally did not test it beyond checking that it can
create things called "smart playlists" that dynamically play tracks
based on various standard sets of rules (e.g. ratings, recently played,
added etc.) => Perhaps you can get a trial version and test this
yourself? (Or ask on http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php )